27 April 2011

Counting my blessings

I was groaning to my best friend about the tedium of the washing and then reminded my little egotistical self that I should be grateful for so many things both related to the fact that I can do the washing and live the life that I am living.

I am grateful for (in no particular order, other than the order in which they occur to me):
  • tea
  • writing
  • being able to grumble and groan to my best friend without her telling me to take a reality-check
  • internet access (and related technology, laptop, phone, etc)
  • my very very dear friends
  • the love of my life
  • my family (and his)
  • science and medicine
  • music
  • home
  • clean sheets
  • fresh air
  • drinkable tap water
  • having a love of books and reading
  • nail polish
  • having "an education"
  • The Body Shop
  • spellcheck and autocorrect (most of the time)
  • fruit
Actually, when I get right down to it there are a limitless number of things for which I am grateful. While looking for a suitable image for this post, I came across a "Blessings Jar" which (as the name suggests) is a jar with ten small heart-shaped pieces of card. You write your blessings on the cards and when you're feeling blue (Phil Collins' "Groovy Kind of Love" pops into my head just there) you re-read your blessings. I sincerely hope that I'll be able to do the same with this post though that was not my intention when I started it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting...