I was groaning to my best friend about the tedium of the washing and then reminded my little egotistical self that I should be grateful for so many things both related to the fact that I can do the washing and live the life that I am living.
I am grateful for (in no particular order, other than the order in which they occur to me):
- being able to grumble and groan to my best friend without her telling me to take a reality-check
- internet access (and related technology, laptop, phone, etc)
- my very very dear friends
- the love of my life
- my family (and his)
- science and medicine
- clean sheets
- fresh air
- drinkable tap water
- having a love of books and reading
- nail polish
- having "an education"
- The Body Shop
- spellcheck and autocorrect (most of the time)
Actually, when I get right down to it there are a limitless number of things for which I am grateful. While looking for a suitable image for this post, I came across a "Blessings Jar" which (as the name suggests) is a jar with ten small heart-shaped pieces of card. You write your blessings on the cards and when you're feeling blue (Phil Collins' "Groovy Kind of Love" pops into my head just there) you re-read your blessings. I sincerely hope that I'll be able to do the same with this post though that was not my intention when I started it.