25 March 2014

Getting the right camera angle

So....
A long time ago I was invited to spend a morning at the Durban Botanic Gardens. The guy who suggested we go said he usually took his camera along so of course I said that he should do what he usually does.
When he unpacked (yes, unpacked) his camera I realised that this was a serious hobby. I had been expecting an SLR camera but not the large selection of lenses.
One of the things that impressed me was his attention to detail while taking photographs. I now have pics of him from various trips on his knees and elbows getting just the right angle.
A few weeks ago we went away together, and here, side-by-side, are two photos that we took, both with our phone cameras.


I love that his seriousness and attention to detail has resulted in effortless brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting...